Security Intel Ltd ("We", "Us", or "Our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We own and operate the SIA Control Room website and the Security Intel App (mobile application). Your privacy is important to us. We want to ensure that when we collect information from you we do so in a way that does not infringe your privacy.
Security Intel Ltd processes personal data to successfully carry out its business functions. Security Intel Ltd is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses personal data and to meeting its obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who We Are
Under Data Protection legislation, Security Intel Ltd of Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX is a Data Controller for its Users. The company contact details are as follows:
Website: https://www.siacontrolroom.com Email: email@example.com Tel: 01206 645052
Our Data Protection Officer
The company's data protection officer is:
Nathan Williams. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAO: DPO
The following data is automatically collected for every request to access ‘the service’:
- the name or network address of the computer making the request. Note that under some (but not all) circumstances it may be possible to infer from this the identity of the person making the request. Note also that all the data recorded may be that of a web proxy rather than that of the originating client.
- the username, when known during authenticated (logged in) access to ‘the service’
- the date and time of connection
- the HTTP request, which contains the identification of ‘the service’ requested
- the status code of the request (success or failure etc.)
Logging of additional data may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
In addition, the computers on which ‘the service’ is hosted keep records of attempts (authorised and unauthorised) to use them for purposes other than for access to the web-server. This data typically includes:
- the date and time of the attempt
- the service to which access was attempted
- the name or network address of the computer making the connection
- and may include details of what was done or was attempted to be done
We will use your contact details (your name, job title, telephone number, email and postal addresses) to provide any services requested by you and also to notify you about important changes to ‘the service’ and its functionality. These details will be used by us to provide you with information about other services and products.
Any personal information provided by you or obtained by us from other sources, will only be used for the following purposes:
- updating and enhancing user, contact and subscription records;
- to ensure that content from ‘the service’ is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device by gathering aggregate information about our users and using it to analyse the effectiveness and popularity of ‘the service’;
- to allow you to use the interactive features of ‘the service’ when you choose to do so;
- for the purposes of undertaking BS7858 Security Screening and Vetting;
- undertaking and compiling statistical analyses in relation to the purpose for which the information was submitted (e.g. equalities monitoring for purposes of measuring statistically significant bias within recruitment and selection processes). Information collected in this way will be anonymised and aggregated unless otherwise expressly notified to you in advance.
For How Long Does Security Interims Keep Data?
The Company will hold your personal data for the duration you hold a User Account with us or until you request for your data to be removed.
- Shift Contract details are retained for the duration you hold a User Account
- Client Invoices are kept electronically and are retained for the duration you hold a User Account and for seven years thereafter for HMRC purposes
Where We Store Your Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. The company has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and it is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Where the company engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis that you have consented to such processing, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access "the services", you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we are in receipt of your data we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Who has Access to Data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with Team members within our various departments if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
There are times where the company may share your data with third parties, for example, to obtain criminal history, credit and /or financial checks as part of BS7858 screening and vetting, or to share your profile with clients interetsed in securing your services.
The company will not transfer your data to countries oustide the European Economic Area. We do acknowledge that our website and mobile app can be accessed by countries outside of the European Economic Area.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Data
As a data subject, you have many rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com, FAO: DPO.
If you have any concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Inormation Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- where your consent has been obtained
- where there is a legal obligation
- where there is a Public duty, or
- in connection with the assignment or transfer of all or any of our rights and obligations to any other Third party
For operational reasons and/or in order to meet specific requests, data may also be processed on our behalf by external organisations under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the on-going accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by making amendments in the ‘My Profile’ section of ‘the service’ or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that it can take up to 21 days for any changes to come into effect.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, or have any other related queries, please email email@example.com. Please note that proof of your identity, payment and/or other information may be required in order to respond to your request.
Cookies and Google Analytics
We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a User’s activity in using ‘the service’. ‘The service’ uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’).
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of ‘the service’ compiling reports on user activity for ‘the service’ operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by the law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using ‘the service’ you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purpose set out above.
By disclosing personal information to us, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this policy. Please note that your continued use of ‘the service’ constitutes your agreement to any changes to this policy and the ‘Terms and Conditions of Use’.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org